SADIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for SADIA members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1. Tell them what they’re going to learn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

1. Tell them what they’re going to learn Empty
PostSubject: 1. Tell them what they’re going to learn   1. Tell them what they’re going to learn Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:40 pm

sunny

2. Teach it to them
3. Tell them what they’ve learnt

Not thinking of coaching now. We're all taught that this is how they do it on 'News at Ten'.
Do we think that this is a good plan for driving lessons?
Can anyone see whether there are any weaknesses with this approach? Very Happy

sunny
Back to top Go down
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

PostSubject: Re: 1. Tell them what they’re going to learn   1. Tell them what they’re going to learn Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Are we taught that?? Don't think I was .... News at ten??? never heard that one, so please enlighten me !!!

ASK them what they have learnt. Telling them will tell you nothing !!! They may well have learnt nothing either !!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.julieswheels.co.uk
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: 1. Tell them what they’re going to learn   1. Tell them what they’re going to learn Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:19 pm

sunny

That was how teaching was explained to me when I was training. Smile
Each lesson has a start a middle and an end.

1. Tell them what they’re going to learn - Aims and Objectives (I've only recently found out what they are)
2. Teach it to them - Your lesson (make sure you plan your route and you know what you will cover)
3. Tell them what they’ve learnt - Lesson debrief (Today I taught you the formula for parallel parking)

The comprision to news at ten was made because that was how a news program was presented.
They didn't also say its all bad news exept for on item right at the end so at least I didn't incorporate that into my early lessons. Laughing

Asking pupils what they learnt, thats q+a, I should have mentioned that, use some q+a but not when their busy Smile
I also remember that I wasn't taught how to use the dual brake but somehow, when the time was right I knew what to do, my trainer told me that would be the case. Very Happy

sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1. Tell them what they’re going to learn   1. Tell them what they’re going to learn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SADIA :: SADIA Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: