SADIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for SADIA members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Transpositional Dyslexia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozzie

Transpositional Dyslexia Empty
PostSubject: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:33 pm

I have a pupil who has Transpositional Dyslexia. So when I gave her the independent drive we almost ended up in Brighton Shocked

What should I do......??
Back to top Go down
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:19 pm

sunny
Hi Ozzie, nice to see you on here.... Where did you want to go? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I don't think you'd be getting a grade six for letting your pupil get out of control Laughing

How do you think you might get over this difficulty for your pupil? scratch They need this skill to pass the test affraid

sunny
Back to top Go down
Linfluence
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Linfluence

PostSubject: Re: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:19 am

cheers Please excuse my ignorance Ozzie.... I haven't heard of this term before, is it to do with ordering a number of vocal commands?

Back to top Go down
http://hppt://www.1nfluence.co.uk
Ozzie

PostSubject: Re: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi Chris and Lin,

Transpositional is another name for dyslexia. A person with dyslexia may reverse letters or words because they look correct when transposed or the fact that they are transposed is indiscernible, not because the person doesn't understand the underlying concepts. See below useful links for more info.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I find that by making the pupil write the direction where to go beforehand (in name form i.e. EPSOM) several times and THEN get them to follow the route. This seems to help. Also, some dyslexic pupils respond well to lots of encouragement. sunny

The above links are very useful for ADIs to understand dyslexia to a better standard.
Back to top Go down
Linfluence
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Linfluence

PostSubject: Re: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Laughing Laughing Doh!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed You techy you!! .... After checking with a local SE, I got one of my PDIs to write the town names (or L/R/L directions) on a post-it note on their Part 2 test!!

Thanks for the links, always interesting to have a look!! study

Back to top Go down
http://hppt://www.1nfluence.co.uk
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 pm

sunny

Hi Ozzie Very Happy I followed your links and some of those written notes I couldn't read. I don't know how someone with Dyslexia could manage them. Very Happy

That sounds like a good tip to get someone through the test though. jocolor jocolor jocolor

I heard that people with the type of Dyslexia that you described have difficulty with reading their own notes, is that right?
How do you cope with that? Or is that how you ended up in Brighton Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think I'll try encouraging my Dyslexic pupils in future though.. It seems like good advice Laughing
After they do what their told of course Laughing Laughing Laughing

sunny
Back to top Go down
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Hello its me!!!

You dont need to be able to read the signs for the independant part of the test. (Chris Smile ) If you are dyslexic you need to mention it when you apply for a test but when you get to the test centre you need to tell the examiner too & they wont give you signs on the independant bit.....

I asked George & Alan Taylor at the last test centre meeting coz guess what, I have a pupil who struggles with signs too !!!

In real life tho if they are driving somewhere they dont know, perhaps they should use a sat nav.... no spelling required.... horses for courses lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.julieswheels.co.uk
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:56 pm

sunny

As always, you make good sense Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transpositional Dyslexia   Transpositional Dyslexia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transpositional Dyslexia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SADIA :: SADIA Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: