SADIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for SADIA members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Parking in bays....?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Linfluence
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Linfluence

Parking in bays....? Empty
PostSubject: Parking in bays....?   Parking in bays....? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 am

bounce bounce

Had an interesting discussion with a learner client regarding the whole 'drive in or reverse in' topic yesterday..... Quite interesting and made me think about this issue in a slightly different way tbh Shocked

What thoughts do you have?

Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://hppt://www.1nfluence.co.uk
phil r

PostSubject: Parking in bays   Parking in bays....? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Should be reverse in unless you can drive STRAIGHT into the bay and reverse straight out. bom
Back to top Go down
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Parking in bays....?   Parking in bays....? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Always drive in so you can put your shopping in the boot !!! Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.julieswheels.co.uk
Linfluence
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Linfluence

PostSubject: Re: Parking in bays....?   Parking in bays....? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Sorry I have ignored this forum and your comments for a while. I thought it was dead!! Hello Phil!!

I would ban the 'always', 'should' and 'never' words from my car if I could!! Laughing Every situation/driver is unique!!

I discussed this subject with a learner pupil recently: he trotted out the usual, reversing in is more eco and also safer due to vision when driving out.... and the, unless you are planning to fill the boot with shopping. He agreed to come up with a few others to buck the trend as homework...... as ever!! Rolling Eyes Thought you might enjoy!

1. If you reverse out of a bay, you can pick your time AND take your time to ensure it's safe. You can get out and take a look to plan the manoeuvre beforehand. This you cannot do when reversing in.... he thought this might work well for an elderly or inexperienced driver.

2. For many people, especially the less competent, it is safer to reverse into a bigger, more open space (when you reverse out) than a narrow one between 2 cars (reversing in).

3. If the postion of the door is important ( ie in a multi story car park) you can use the pillar to give you more room to open the door. Depending which side the pillar is yu might either reverse in or drive in. Ideal if you have children in the car or have any sort of mobility issues.

4. That in an auto it is better to reverse out as the creep will be stronger when the engine is cold, so you can keep your foot over the brake rather than the gas!! (I would never have thought of that!)

5. That it is easier to load something like a van if you drive in, as spaces are often too narrow to safely reverse park or to load.

6. He would tend to drive into his own drive because it is on a hill and because of the difficulty in selecting a space because of parents car, a boat and a van!!

These amused me.... and clearly valid in specific circumstances! Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://hppt://www.1nfluence.co.uk
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Parking in bays....?   Parking in bays....? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:19 am

My reply was supposed to be a joke lol! But I do always drive in when I'm shopping .......
Back to top Go down
http://www.julieswheels.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parking in bays....?   Parking in bays....? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parking in bays....?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SADIA :: SADIA Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: