SADIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for SADIA members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's this coaching all about then?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

What's this coaching all about then? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's this coaching all about then?   What's this coaching all about then? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Hey Chris,

As always I do understand what you are saying & where you are coming from ....... but that relies on people who want to improve their driving, We both know people who feel they drive perfectly well, when we know they are not that safe !!!! They are the people I'm referring to.

Had a brilliant lesson on Saturday with a pupil. He is a ski instructor amongst other things & into extreme sports but he is a safe driver at the moment We were parked up in Brunswick Rd discussing this issue, he was saying that drivers will often need an accident before they will change their attutudes. I think for a lot of people that is true, but I brought up coaching,especially as my previous lesson is a pupil I use a lot of coaching with coz she really takes it board. Just as we were talking a motor bike did a wheelie down the length of the road producing loads of smoke & a disgusting smell..... we both agreed he would be someone who would need an accident before he changed his attitude... affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.julieswheels.co.uk
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: What's this coaching all about then?   What's this coaching all about then? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

sunny

Hi Julie

I see that I've not been keeping up Smile

What I think is that people don't want to be bad.

That person on the bike is just having fun. If he had a bit more training maybe he would realise that he is relying on a tiny bit of rubber that is easily dislodged and perhaps that training could include the futility of steering on the rear wheel.
I also think that if he had a conversaion with his instructor like the one you were having, he would agree that it wasn't a good idea.

BTW. perhaps your extreme sportman is benefitting from good training and not taking extreme attitudes on the road, perhaps conversations like the one you were having help. Getting the client to agree that attitude can put yourself and others at unaceptalbe risk is beyond instructing for a test don't you agree. Smile

sunny
Back to top Go down
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: What's this coaching all about then?   What's this coaching all about then? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Sorry Julie Shocked I just broke rule number 5, I'll try and do better next time Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's this coaching all about then?   What's this coaching all about then? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's this coaching all about then?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2