SADIA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for SADIA members

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lesley
Lesley

Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Empty
PostSubject: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:52 am

Hi all,

Whilst you're out and about, if you notice any problems on the local roads - let me know and I'll call the Council or TFL on SADIA's behalf.

I got the ball rolling today and reported the 40 mph signs and roundabout sign that are covered in trees, along the Brighton Road in Belmont, on approach to the A217 'Mad Mile' roundabout.

Cheers,
Lesley

Back to top Go down
Philopian
Admin
Philopian

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 am

Great news Lesley, just the other day while i was sitting in on a test, examiner Becky whilst carrying out the independent driving section, switched back to normal examiner mode and explained that since the approaching direction sign was covered, she had advise the pupil to turn right.
She said that it was a regular occurrence for them and between them they had a long list of obscured signs.
So my input for now is the juction Banstead Road South and Downs Road turning right towards the Marsden. Mad
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Lesley

PostSubject: Thanks   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 am

Hi Phil,
Thanks - I'm at STC on Monday morning and have arranged to have a chat with George...will see if he's got any to report and phone with the lot.
Cheers,
Lesley
Back to top Go down
Philopian
Admin
Philopian

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:36 am

Got another, Overgrown tree obscuring a direction sign on Bishopsford Road A217 near and towards Rose Hill nearly opposite the Bingo Hall cyclops
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Lesley

PostSubject: thanks again!   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Will add to the list!!!
Back to top Go down
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:49 am

Hi Lesley,

The mini roundabout signs, the blue bits have gone from the posts on both sides of the road as you go down Love Lane towards Sutton Common Road. Makes it hard for pupils to know its a mini until they get there !

Julie x
Back to top Go down
http://www.julieswheels.co.uk
Lesley
Lesley

PostSubject: Which Mini Roundabout?   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 am

Hi - just been logging some of these, thought I knew where you meant, but when I looked at the map I've got confused!!

There are 2 mini roundabouts on Love Lane, I assumed you meant the one just before the bridge, on the junction with Glastonbury Road, but then thought you may have meant the one with Sutton Common Road?

Have now logged all the others - please would you let me know if any of them get resolved? I'll chase them up after a few days...
Back to top Go down
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:46 pm

sunny Hi Lesley.

There is a sharp bend in Prior Avenue, Sutton, with Farm Close opposite (As if you are coming from Farm Road). We use this bend on driving assessments, expecting drivers to follow the bend rather than heading into Farm Close but the paint is almost gone and we are having to guide people round the corner now. There is a definite crash risk here as people coming the other way expect you to turn the corner. Laughing Not what our client's do Laughing

Thanks
sunny
Back to top Go down
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:56 pm

sunny Hi Lesley

BTW has anyone mentioned the 30 sign just before Belmont, after you come off the mad mile towards Sutton.

Thats Brighton Road B2230 at the bottom of the railway bridge for Belmont station. Mad mile is behind you, the hill for the bridge is ahead of you.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Lesley

PostSubject: Will get on the case!!   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:30 am

Hi Chris and Ruth...thanks for those, and very good descriptions, I know exactly where you mean!!!
I had logged the 40 mph signs at Belmont (going the other way!) but not the 30's.

I intend to call the council next week as only one of the signs I have reported have been cleared...and that one was TFL not the council!!!

If there was an accident at any of the sites I have reported, I wonder if the council would have to accept some liability????

Anyone know?

Lx
Back to top Go down
Linfluence
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Linfluence

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:51 am

cheers Just had a quick squiz Lesley, and found this:

3.4 FAILURE TO REPAIR OR REPAIR PROMPTLY
Where there are long standing problems relating to highways repairs, a failure by the highway authority to act can lead to it becoming liable. The courts nonetheless will expect motorists to react to obvious hazards and will apportion responsibility accordingly.

and there may be other bits of interest in this document!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pirat
Back to top Go down
http://hppt://www.1nfluence.co.uk
Lesley
Lesley

PostSubject: Thanks, Lin   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:06 am

I thought so. Remember looking this up for pathways when my Mum fell in Sutton High Street.

I'll get on to them tomorrow if I have time and chase up the one's I've already reported as I reported the first signs on Brighton Rd approaching Mad Mile Roundabout on the 16th June...over 2 weeks ago and they were still covered last Friday...not very quick service.
Back to top Go down
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi Lesley,

Just a thought..... This is why I said to Lorna this job maybe more frustrating than anything else. You are reporting problems but still nothing is being done. Remember you are dealing with the council !!! Do be aware though that you (& SADIA) could become a 'pain' ..... I know you arent but you do need to be careful!!! I dont think SADIA would want to go down any legal route either. We dont have the money apart from anything else....

As for the signs on brighton road the 30 or the 40 whichever way you come down the road. The one on the left as you are heading towards belmont is obscued both ways but the one on the otherside is plain to see, so not really a priorty if I was working for the council...

Hope im not being too negative, just thinking out loud
Wink
Back to top Go down
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:47 pm

sunny

The Brighton road signs are clear now Laughing

Well done Lesley
sunny
Back to top Go down
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Ahhh thats excellent news, thats brilliant .... Well done lesley Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Jules
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
Jules

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Lesley.
I spoke to Cris today. Paul at sutton told him that all but one (which cris thought was in banstead) of the problem signs have been resolved. So Well Done Lesley. Mission accomplished xx
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Lesley

PostSubject: Thanks everyone...   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:18 am

It does seem to take the council a while to get themselves in gear, but they have got there in the end. I'm not gonna take legal action, I was just interested, and would possibly mention it if I needed to chase the council up.

I was impressed with TFL though, they had fixed the problem in Morden near Morden Hall in a day or two.

I have logged the lack of paint on the corner of Prior Avenue, it'll be interesting (!) to see how quick that's done - they have to get the paint pots out rather than the chainsaw!

Please do let me know if you notice it's been done as I don't get out much!!!

Thanks,
L
xxx
Back to top Go down
ChrisandRuth
Amazing Member
Amazing Member
ChrisandRuth

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:28 pm

sunny

Will do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lesley
Lesley

PostSubject: Prior Avenue/Farm Close hazard lines...   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:31 am

Has anyone noticed any action here? I have been meaning to check it out, but seem to always return home on autopilot and then remember I should have gone the other way!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns   Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reporting Problems with Roads or Roadsigns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SADIA :: SADIA Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: